Lots of love and blessings.Some of you have already begun writing your crucial HSC exams while some of you must be preparing for your SSC exams to be started soon. I extend my whole hearted wishes and love to you all.I am sure you all are well prepared for the exams. In case not, then this letter is for you.
The reason behind me writing this letter to you is, since the day HSC exams began I have been reading about children succumbing to the pressure of exams and a large number of students being caught cheating during exams, in newspapers.
It is very disturbing and disheartening. I just want to tell you that stress is good as long as it keeps you motivated to carry on your journey and can be helpful in achieving your objective. And it should be allowed to rent a space in your mind up to that extent only. Shun the stress immediately as soon as it starts taking over your mind. Do not succumb to the pressure and give in. Committing suicide is not the solution to any problem in the world.
If you are under pressure because you feel that you won’t be able to make it in the exams, instead of taking drastic steps like committing suicide or escaping from your loved ones please take some time just to relax and do this exercise-
1) Choose a place where you can concentrate.
2) Carry along a diary, pen and a highlighter.
3) Keep your mobile phone off so as to avoid disturbance. (Keep you family members informed that you will be busy few hours with very important task).
4) Start a backward journey from this day to the very first day when the academic year began and keep noting in your diary as the ideas and images from past flash through your mind.
5) Once you have reached the very first day of the academic year, now start reading your diary and finish to the end.
6) Try to find out the reasons which have resulted to this situation.
7) Remember to highlight the points which give you insights.
8) Once you have zeroed in on those points, the actual journey begins.
9) Now you need some rethinking. Take the points one by one, think; what else you could have done in those situations so as to get positive results today.
10) Now tell yourself, it is never too late to begin a new journey and yes! This is your rebirth. Live this life well, meaningfully and constructively.
My dear little hearts, life is beautiful. It is to be lived FULLY not FUNNILY.
Each one of us is meant to contribute and pay back to the society from which we get everything. As the earth nurtures and allows only those seeds to germinate and multiply which are healthy and buries the rotten ones only to convert them into manure and utilize it to increase its fertility; accept, multiply and give back to the society only the healthiest things you got from it and rest consume and convert to manure and utilize to enhance your strength.
REMEMBER, it is BETTER TO FAIL than TO CHEAT AND PASS with flying colours.
REMEMBER that your parents, your teachers, relatives all love you. And that YOU are TOO PRECIOUS to them to be lost for hundreds of your mistake or a year gone.
FAILURE IN EXAMS DOESN’T MEAN FAILURE IN LIFE and LIFE IS BEYOND THE NUMBERS ON YOUR REPORT CARDS.
“It is always better to MAKE THE HAY WHILE SUN SHINES”, means it is wise to make most of the time and opportunities available. But, if you have failed to make use of time available for whatever the reason that doesn’t mean you have failed in life.
You all must have heard that Thomas Alva Edison, the great scientist had failed 999 times before he tried 1000th time and succeeded in making the bulb which illuminates our darker part of our day.
Hey don’t take the wrong message, I am not expecting you to fail 999 times before you pass the exam
I mean to say failure is not failure as long as you are learning from it and motivated to do better.
It is never too late…
So, take charge of your life and set out for the wonderful journey called LIFE.
“YOU CAN REACH THE TOP” and I am waiting to “SEE YOU AT THE TOP”.
With loads of love and blessings
While on your journey, along with my words remember these beautiful lines written by Shri Harivansh Rai Bachchan ji: